9/30/08

This time I’m painting the Reaper Dire Bear from their Warlord line. I’m not good at fur because I think it looks so fake when painted but I gave it a shot.

Assembling this model was easy. The two arms required a little green stuff to fill the gaps but it was pretty easy to generate some fake fur at those spots. I primed the model with some very dark brown and dry brushed three different version of brown with some mud wash to blur the layers. Some touch up on the nose, paws and claws and some pink and white in the mouth and I’m done.

The figure is not bad but the picture is too bright. Taking pictures on my kitchen counter against a yellow wall with the flash is not the best option. If I’m going to keep photographing models I’ll need to build a nice photo booth and stop using the flash.

0 comments:

Post a Comment